About the Northern Monmouth Chamber of Commerce
History of NMCC
Initiated as the Middletown Area Chamber of Commerce in 1959, the Chamber was created to help local business owners network and promote their businesses to the Middletown Township area.
At that time:
a gallon of milk was $1.01
a loaf of bread was $0.20
a dozen eggs were $0.89
a postage stamp was $0.04
a gallon of gas $0.25
a new car was $2,250
a new home was $30,000
the average income was $5,016
Minimum wage was $1
A lot has changed since then!
Regionalized into the Northern Monmouth Chamber of Commerce, we currently serve 11 towns within our region and serve over 350 member businesses. 2004 marked our 45th Anniversary and we keep growing every year!
NMCC Mission Statement
The mission of the Northern Monmouth Chamber of Commerce is to help our member organizations fulfill their potential. We accomplish this through policies and programs which:
- Promote the Northern Monmouth marketing region.
- Help Member businesses operate more effectively and professionally.
- Represent local businesses to the community at large.
- Facilitate the process by which our members do business with one another by providing networking opportunities.
- Keep members apprised of new business developments and technologies.
- Interact with local, county, state and federal government to serve the interests of the local business community.
Where is Northern Monmouth County? We're about 45 driving miles south of midtown Manhattan. We're about 45 minutes from Trenton, New Jersey's capital city, and about 90 minutes from Philadelphia or Atlantic City.
To see all of the towns in our region, visit our Communities Area